Revolution Books received the following information from the Stop Mass Incarceration Network in Chicago
National Day of Protest
to Stop Police Brutality, Repression,
and the Criminalization of a Generation
Wednesday, October 22
(Washington & Dearborn)
Rally and March
11th Police District
3151 W. Harrison
The Stop Mass Incarceration Network
- If you are outraged by the police murder of Mike Brown, Roshad McIntosh, John Crawford, and on and on and on...
- If you find it intolerable that Cook County Jail is the largest mental health facility in Illinois...
- If you are angered that Police Commander Glenn Evans rose through the ranks of the police with promotion after promotion rewarding him for his brutality;
- If your heart is filled with rage at seeing tens of thousands of Central American refugee children arrested at the border and jailed in detention centers;
- If you refuse to accept the way that Black and Latino youth are treated like criminals, guilty until proven innocent, if they can survive to prove their innocence;
- If you are inspired by the youth in Ferguson standing up to the cold blooded murder of Michael Brown;
- If you feel these outages must stop, then...
NO SCHOOL! NO WORK! WALK OUT!