Wednesday, April 5, 7:00 pm
Make your way to GracePlace, 637 S. Dearborn St (btw Harrison & Polk)
Refuse Fascism-Chicago TEACH-IN
- What is fascism? and why is the Trump/Pence regime fascist?
- What is the direction and trajectory of fascism?
- Why is it true that the Trump/Pence regime has not yet consolidated fascism and we still have time to drive it out?
- Why you cannot normalize, accommodate with, conciliate with, or collaborate with fascism?
- What can and must be done to drive this fascist regime from power?
Featured speaker is Carl Dix, a co-initiator of Refuse Fascism, and a courageous freedom fighter from the 1960s who went on to become a revolutionary fighter and a communist. Dix spent two years in military prison for refusing to fight in the unjust Vietnam War. He emerged unrepentant and went on to become a founding member of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP), USA, dedicating his life to the emancipation of all humanity. Today, Carl is a follower of and advocate for Bob Avakian, his leadership and his visionary new synthesis of communism. Carl Dix and Cornel West co-founded the Stop Mass Incarceration Network (SMIN), and Rise Up October that brought thousands into the streets in New York City demanding a stop to police terror. Carl recently was dragged out of the Senate Hearing on Jeff Sessions' appointment to be Attorney General chanting "No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA".