Planning session June 3, Sunday 2 pm
Humanity Needs Revolution
|Printers Row 2011.|
Revolution Books Needs You NOW
BE A PART OF REVOLUTION BOOKS AT
PRINTERS ROW LIT FEST JUNE-9-10
The Biggest Literary Festival in the Midwest
YOU are needed. Be a part of the planning and creation of the Revolution Books Printers Row Lit Fest table and displays. Bring your ideas, passion, and creativity to the bookstore planning and work session.
Revolution Books needs to expand out into the literary and cultural community, draw more book lovers and authors into engagement about why the world is the way it is and the possibility of a radically different way the world could be. Strategize with us about changing the atmosphere at the Printers Row gathering of many thousands where this question of what future for youth becomes what people are thinking & talking about.
Special appearences at Revolution Books table by Kevin Gosztola, author of Truth and Consequences: The U.S. vs. Bradley Manning and a volunteer reporting on theBAsics Bus Tour in the deep south. Time to be announced.
Throughout the month of June and all across the country we will be taking out in a mass way BAsics by Bob Avakain, the whole BA Everywhere campaign and the BAsics quote:
"No more generations of our youth, here and all around the world, whose life is over, whose fate has been sealed, who have been condemned to an early death or a life of misery and brutality, whom the system has destined for oppression and oblivion even before they are born. I say no more of that." 1:3
|Printers Row 2011|
Here's how you can contribute:
1.Help pack up, set up and take down the book tables and displays (Friday, Saturday morning, Sun. late afternoon).
2. Donate good condition books to sell and raise funds at the RB booth.
3. Be part of teams getting out palm cards with the BAsics quote on youth (above).
4. Post this call for volunteers or post announcement (coming soon) for RB Printers Row booth on facebook, and bring friends out to Booth #231-233.
5. Volunteer for an hour or longer at the RB booth - there's many different ways you can help.
6. Be part of going out to author events and let us know what you think about the book and the author.
7. Email us with your ideas.
Throughout the summer, RB must be out and become known all over the city. People need to be coming into RB for author readings, film and to buy, read and discuss books! Everywhere and in many different ways people contributing to RB so that the dream that so many have of a far better world can take deeper root and flourish.
*Donate! Become a sustaining of RB !
* Volunteer with Revolution Books NOW to produce summer promtional materials; help plan series of author events; develop online promotion; seed your neighborhood or school with RB material.